Emergency Radio is the original, award-winning police scanner app offering the most extensive database of live police, fire, EMS, railroad, air traffic, NOAA weather, coast guard, HAM radio, and other frequencies. Tune in to everything from the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) to the New York Fire Department (FDNY).
Police + fire scanning has never been this effortless
Easily locate the most popular frequencies with the Top 100 list. Or pinpoint frequencies broadcasting around your current location with the Nearby view. Find yourself frequently listening to the same frequencies? Just add them to Favorites for faster access next time. There's even a built-in police scanner code reference to help you follow the conversations with ease.
Stay safer in your neighborhood
Emergency Radio makes it easy -- and fun -- to keep up with the goings-on around town or in a far away city. All from the convenience of your iPhone or iPod touch. Press the Nearby button to find frequencies near your current location. If you know what you're looking for and want to locate a city or county by name, just select All and start typing in the search box.
Thousands of live frequencies
Unlike other apps that offer just one kind of radio, Emergency Radio combines the best of all available emergency service frequencies. Best of all, new frequencies are added to each new update, which are downloaded automatically whenever you use the app. Can't find an audio feed for your location? Join the thousands of feed providers who stream live police scanner audio for the Emergency Radio community (in partnership with RadioReference.com).
- Background playback with full support for iOS multitasking
- Enhanced for Retina display on iPhone 4 and 4th generation iPod touch
- Displays metadata for frequencies that provide it -- now you can actually see who/what you're listening to in real time
- Extensive ever-expanding database with thousands of live feeds (police, fire, EMS, railroad, air traffic, NOAA weather, coast guard, and many more)
- Frequent database updates
- Top 100 feeds list
- Recently Added feeds list
- Feed listings show full title, tags, popularity, online/offline status, and number of listeners
- The most powerful search engine available in any scanner application
- Advanced map view that helps you find nearby feeds using your iPhone's GPS/triangulation
- Listen via built-in speaker, headphones, iHome, Livespeakr, or Bluetooth
- Built-in scanner codes make it easy to follow the action
- Keep a list of your favorite feeds for fast access
- Restores most recently played feed on startup
iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 3.1.2 or later.